New Mexico Gift Card | Processed by Synergy World, Inc.
  • Share on Facebook
  • Tweet Link Now
  • Email Link Now

Hacienda del Rio

Phone
(505) 243-3131
Website
www.haciendadelriocantina.com
Address
302 San Felipe NW
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Zip
87104

The present site of Old Town was first visited in 1540 by Spanish Conquistadores. Most of the Spanish Explorers of the 16th century visited these regions. After 1598 there were several scattered settlements in the wooded regions along the Rio Grande. This restaurant is built on ground which was part of the original Spanish Land Grant by decree of King Phillip V of Spain in 1706, establishing the Villa De Albuquerque - - four square Spanish leagues from the center of the plaza. The construction of the San Felipe de Neri Church was started in this year, and existing records date from that time. From the beginning the Villa was a military base. Old Town has been under four flags: Spain, Mexico, Confederate States, and The United States of America.